Home made healthy fried rice recipe
Let’s talk about the history of fried rice….
Who ever reads the boring intro paragraph to a recipe LOL, not me! We all just skip right into the recipe.
Check out this delicious fried rice recipe! It’s delicious and so easy. You’ll recognize it from my IG stories. I also made a reel on it which you can check out here.
FRIED RICE WITH ZUCCHINI, TOMATOES AND PARMESAN
- Olive oil
- 1 medium-large sweet onion, diced or 1/2 a large onion
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, plus red pepper flakes for heat if desired
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 pound zucchini or other summer squash (about 2 small/medium), diced
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 1/2 cup small red cherry or grape tomatoes, sliced 1/4-inch thick if large, halved if tiny
- 2 1/2 to 3 cups cooked, ideally day old, short-grain white or brown rice
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan, divided
- Handful chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 2 large eggs (for scrambled method) or 4 large eggs (for an egg on top of each portion)
Heat a large, heavy frying pan to medium-high heat. Once hot, add 1 to 2 tablespoons oil, then onion. Cook, stirring, until lightly browned at the edges, about 4 minutes. Season well with salt and pepper. Add garlic and cook 1 minute more. Add zucchini and thyme, season well with salt and pepper, and cook, stirring, until softened and a little browned at the edges, about 5 to 8 minutes. Add tomatoes and cook 1 minute more. Add a little more oil then rice. Season well with salt and pepper (sense a theme?) and stir-fry together until mixed well and a little browned. Taste for seasoning and adjust if needed. Stir in half of parmesan and parsley.
*Recipe and photo is from Smitten Kitchen.
Author: jennaTags: #foodandwine, #foodblog, #friedrice, #friedricerecipe, #healthyeats, #healthyfriedrice, #kelownabc, #kelownablogger, #kelownafood, #kelownafoodblogger, #kelownafoodie, #yummyeats