My Key Lime Pie Recipe that almost tastes as good as the one at Cactus Club
You guys asked for it! I am sharing my key lime pie recipe from my birthday last week.
The key lime pie from Cactus Club is one of my all time favorite desserts. Did you know that their chefs hand squeeze over 50 limes in each of their pies? My mouth is watering thinking about it.
So for my birthday, I naturally wanted key lime pie as my “birthday cake” or “dessert” so we decided to make our own rendition of key lime pie. I swear by the moon that this one tastes almost IDENTICAL to Cactus Club‘s. Doesn’t mean I won’t stop going to Cactus Club for theirs, but if you want to try make it at home, this one is super easy to make AND delish!
Check it out below:
Key Lime Pie Recipe:
Preparation 45-60 minutes
Cooking 45 minutes
Chilling 6 hrs or overnight
-1 1/4 cups (310ml) graham cracker crumbs
-1/4 cup (60ml) unsalted butter, melted
-3 tbsp honey, melted
-1 cup (250ml) lime or key lime juice (I used 10 organic regular limes)
Tip: Put limes in microwave for 30 seconds and it’ll make it easier to get more juice out of them.
-2 tbsp (30ml) cornstarch
-1 can 300ml sweetened condensed milk
-grated zest of 1 lime (or grated zest of 6 key limes)
-2 tbsp (30ml) whipping cream
-1 3/4 cups (430ml) whipped cream
-sprinkle sugar on whip cream to garnish depending on how sweet you like (up to 1/4 cup sugar)
-grated zest of 1 lime (optional)
- With the rack in the middle position, preheat the oven to 180 °c (350°F)
- In a bowl, combine all the ingredients. Press into a 23-cm (9-inch) pie plate. Bake for about 10 minutes. Set aside.
3. In a saucepan (off the heat), mix lime juice and cornstarch with a whisk. Add the rest of the ingredients and mix well. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring and scraping the bottom of the pan, until it thickens. Pour filling into crust. Refrigerate for about 6 hours or overnight. The “key” for the pie (can I call this a pun? ;)) is for it to be completely cooled.
4. In a bowl, beat the cream with an electric mixer until stiff peaks form.
5. Spread whipped cream on top of pie just before serving. Garnish with sugar and lime zest.
And that’s it! Easy peasy am I right?
Author: jennaTags: #cactusclub, #dessert, #easyrecipes, #food, #foodgram, #kelownablogger, #keylimepie, #lifestyleblogger, #pie, #recipe, #yummy, foodblogger, foodie, Kelowna, stuffwithsvet