Peanut butter pie recipe
For the Crust
– 1 1/3 cups Oreo crumbs (or crushed chocolate wafers)
– 1/3 cup melted butter
For the Filling
– 250 gram block cream cheese
– 1 cup smooth peanut butter
– 1 teaspoon vanilla
– 2/3 cup sugar
– 1 cup whipping cream For the Topping
– 1/4 cup melted dark chocolate (garnish)
– 2 tablespoons crushed peanuts (garnish)
– flaked sea salt (garnish)
1. Preheat the oven to 350F and grease a 9″ pie plate. Combine the Oreo crumbs and melted butter in a medium bowl, stir together, and firmly and evenly press the crust into the prepared pie plate along the bottom and up the sides. Try using a glass with a flat bottom for best results. Bake for 7-8 minutes and carefully remove from the oven. Set aside to cool.
2. In a large bowl beat the cream cheese with an electric mixer until smoooth. Add the peanut butter, vanilla and sugar and continue to beat until smooth.
3. In a separate medium bowl with high sides beat the whipping cream on high until it forms stiff peaks (careful not to over-beat it). Fold the whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture and transfer the mixture into the prepared crust. Using a rubber spatula, smooth the filling into an even layer in the crust.
4. Chill the pie for at least 2 hours or overnight (carefully covered with wrap if more than a couple hours). When ready to serve, drizzle the top with the melted chocolate, sprinkle with crushed peanuts and the flaked salt and serve chilled. Save this recipe for later!
Recipe courtesy of Fraiche Living.