Black-owned businesses in Kelowna to check out
In light of the #amplifymelanatedvoices movement, I wanted to put together a list of local black-owned businesses in the Kelowna/Okanagan area. I’ve added their instagram and/or website so you can check them out.
I am not an expert on this matter nor do I have listed every black-owned business out there.
I’m starting with 10 businesses that I learned about from my research.
Going forward, I am going to check out these businesses among others and support as much as I can – I encourage you to do the same! If there are any other businesses you recommend or know of, send me a DM on Instagram and I can add to the list. I know there are more out there but this is a start to a list.
Check it out below:
- @fleurichcreations – floral design
- @kempt-apparel – clothing
- @success21hairextensions – hair extensions
- @bravvebotanicalsco – skincare
- @dillybat – photographer/cinematographer
- @dreshairsalon_barbershop – hair salon
- @dj_invizible – dj
- @westsidemedicalclinic – health
- Dogma Pet Services – pet care
- The House of the Caribbean – food market
Remember, you don’t have to be posting on instagram to show your support. Everybody supports differently. A revolution has many lanes. Be kind to yourself and to others who are traveling in the same direction.
Thank you for your continuous support.
Author: jennaTags: #amplifymelanatedvoices, #bipoc, #blacklivesmatter, #blackouttuesday, #kelownablogger, #lifestyleblogger, #strongertogether, Kelowna