December Bucket List
It’s December! Aka holiday season 🙂
It’s a month full of friends and family and excitement! Are you needing ideas on activities? Check out my December Bucket List below for bucket list inspiration:
1. Buy an expensive advent calendar that has fancy chocolates. Not your regular advent calendar, but a boujee one 😉
2. Watch your favorite Christmas movies. My three favorites are The Grinch, Elf, and The Holiday.
3. Bake a Christmas dessert: cookies, cake, squares, a cocktail, anything festive. I love shortbread cookies personally.
4. Buy a Starbucks Christmas drink (or from your favorite coffee shop). My favorite is an eggnog latte.
5. Light some Christmas candles or Christmas smells in a pot. SET THE MOOD FOR CHRISTMAS!
6. Make homemade eggnog, apple cider, or mulled wine (or all of the above).
7. Wear an ugly Christmas sweater. Pull out those filthy things!
8. Indulge in baileys and coffee. I feel like the once a year I drink baileys is at Christmas. IT IS TIME!
9. Wear your favorite Christmas onesies.
10. Take family/couple/pet Christmas photos.
11. Build a snowman or play in the snow.
12. Decorate the Christmas tree. If you’re a psycho like me you would’ve already done this a month ago.
13. Listen to Christmas music. MARIAH CAREY ON REPEAT HELLO.
14. Go ice skating downtown at Stuart Park.
15. Wear a Christmas Santa hat. We all know we like to take some basic selfies in some hats.
16. Make a wood fire and have hot cocoa. We all love a good real fire at Christmas time.
17. Drive around and look at Christmas lights. Here in Kelowna, I love to go to Kettle Valley to look at lights.
18. Send Christmas cards. It’s that time of year to tell everybody you’re still single!
19. Take photos with Santa at the mall.
20. Kiss under mistletoe. If you want to be super extra, throw on Justin Bieber’s Mistletoe on while you do it.
21. Decorate a gingerbread house.
22. Donate to a charity. I personally like donating to the food bank.
23. Drive through Candy Cane Lane. Candy Cane Lane is located in Rutland here in Kelowna. It’s a whole street on Christmas steroids.
24. Host Friendmas. Invite over a bunch of friends and find an excuse to get drunk!
25. Check out the Tree of Hope located in the Landmark District. Definitely a major Christmas landmark in Kelowna.
26. Go to a Christmas tree farm and buy a real tree.
27. Attend a Christmas Service at church. We always go as a family on Christmas Eve.
28. Go Christmas caroling. If you don’t already know your neighbors, this is the time to annoy them.
29. Go see the Nutcracker at the community theatre or another Christmas play.
30. Dress up and attend a Christmas party or throw your own party.
31. Check out some local Christmas markets. You can head to Castanet’s events page or Kelowna Now’s Events page to see where they are.
32. Go to NORADsanta.org and track Santa! I have been doing this since I was a kid.
33. Do a Secret Santa or gift exchange. Draw names between your friends and treat each other to sh*tty gifts!
34. Call a friend or family member to say you love them. This so underrated! Life can change so quickly so it’s important to tell our loved ones how we feel.
35. Pay for the person behind you in line. This is also something I’ve started doing once in a while. I.e. Starbucks drive thru.
36. Shovel a neighbour’s driveway or do another act of kindness.
37. Create a Christmas village/nativity scene.
38. Hang stockings by the fireplace.
39. Leave out treats for Santa and his reindeer Christmas Eve. You can’t forget the support staff.
40. Open one gift on Christmas Eve.
There we have it! I hope this Bucket List inspires you and makes December a memorable and magical month. Do you have any December traditions?