Must Do’s in Kelowna 2023
Two of the most asked questions I receive from my followers is where to eat and what fun activities there are to do in Kelowna!
I LOVE answering these questions as I was born and raised in Kelowna, as well as enjoy staying up-to-date on new and trendy spots. For your convenience, I’ve compiled all my favourite places and things to do into one blog post.
Are you ready to find out how best to enjoy Kelowna? This blog post features local eateries, wineries, breweries, family and outdoor activities, night life spots, and so much more!
MUST DO’s in Kelowna
Kelowna has quite an impressive brunch scene. Checkout my detailed blog about where to find good brunch in the city here. Below are just some of my favourites.
- Jammery – 2 locations and the original location is featured on You Gotta Eat Here on the Food Network
- Bohemian Cafe
- Bean Scene
- Bright Jenny
- Third Space
More details about each of these coffee shops can be found here.
- Parlour – ice cream is made in house
- Amore Mio – amazing gelato
- Moolix – over 40 flavours to choose from, two locations
- Naked Cafe
- Frankie We Salute You
- KB & Co
Checkout more plant-based restaurants here.
- Water Front Wines
- Home Block at Cedar Creek Winery
- Old Vines Restaurant at Quails Gate
- Block One at 50th parallel
- Mr. Tea from Central
- Detroit Rock City from Jack’s
- The Shafty from Orchard Room
- Signature Sangria from Cactus Club
- Cafe Cartel from Humo Izakaya
- Coconut Habanero Margarita from Cantina Del Centro (sometimes I’ll ask for this with raspberry added)
- Supernova Vodka Soda from Joeys (I ask for raspberry vodka and raspberry puree with it)
- Tiramisu from Roma Nord Bistro
- Key Lime Pie from Cactus Club
- Cheesecake from Bin 4 Burger Lounge – they rotate flavors every month
- Sticky Toffee Pudding from Home Block Restaurant at Cedar Creek Winery
Kelowna and surrounding area is known for our WINERIES! You can checkout my winery guide here. Some of my favourites are:
- Mount Boucherie
- Quails’ Gate
- Mission Hill Family Estate
- Cedar Creek
- Off the Grid Organic Winery
Kelowna has so many great breweries, each with a different vibe. One of my favourite summer activities is biking around to various breweries to have a flight of beer.
Check out my comprehensive brewery list here.
Small Bites and Sips on Patios
Some of my favourites are:
- Maestros Mediterranean Restaurant and Terrace
- Kangaroo Creek Farm
- Waterfront Park
- Myra Canyon
- Energy Plex
- Scandia Golf & Games
- Gneiss Climbing Wall
- Planet Laser
- Kelowna Wibit Water Park
Kelowna has a variety of great places to go for an evening out, from Country to Irish the city has it all!
- Red Bird Brewing
- OK Corral – country bar
- O’Flannigans – an Irish pub
- Social 242
Head to the Movies
- Starlight Drive-In in Enderby – North America’s largest drive-in screen
- Cineplex Cinemas Orchard Plaza – reclined chairs
- Bernies Supper Club and Cinema – boutique cinema
- Alchemy – adorable home decor
- Frakas – trendy women’s clothing store, two locations
- Frock + Fellow – designer consignment clothes
- Water Front Park
- Mission Creek Regional Park
- City Park
- Stuart Park
- Bertram Park
One of my favourite ways to stay active is by hiking and lucky for me Kelowna has so many great hikes to offer. Check out some of my favourite local hikes here.
If you don’t know what I mean by floating, check out this blog post. It’s one of my favourite summer activities!
- Enderby Channel – scenic, faster river
- Penticton Channel – slower, right in the heart of Penticton
There we have it! Those are just a few of the amazing things that Kelowna has to offer. Be sure you save this blog post for the next time you’re looking for something to do in Kelowna. Whether you are local to the area or visiting for the first time, be sure to keep this guide handy and let me know what your favourite things to do in Kelowna are!